20ml Knife 100% Pure Sesame Oil
½ Duck (cut into pieces and seasoned with salt)*
200g Yam (cut into thin strips)
60g Old ginger (sliced)
3 cloves Garlic (minced)
200g Sichuan preserved vegetables (chopped)
1 tbsp White peppercorn*
360g Cooked chestnuts
1 tbsp Sugar
2½ tbsps Oyster sauce
100ml Chinese wine (Hua Tiao Chiew)
1 tsp Dark soy sauce
250ml Cooking oil (for deep-frying)
Local lettuce (for garnish)
Spring onion (for garnish)
Red chilli (for garnish)
*Available at your nearest FairPrice store.
- Deep fry the yam sticks till crispy. Set aside.
- Using sesame oil, fry ginger till crispy. Set crispy ginger aside. Reserve sesame oil for frying duck.
- Season duck pieces with salt.
- Using a pressure cooker, add reserved sesame oil, then sear duck to render fat and brown. Remove and set aside.
- Remove excess oil. Sauté garlic, Sichuan preserved vegetables, white peppercorn, and duck.
- Add sugar and oyster sauce. Continue frying for 2 mins
- Deglaze pan with Chinese wine. Add water and bring to a boil.
- Cover pressure cooker and cook for approximately 25 mins (depending on your pressure cooker).
- Add chestnuts and bring to a boil.
- Add dark soy sauce. Mix well.
- Layer local lettuce on plate, add duck and other ingredients on top
- Garnish with yam fries, crispy ginger, spring onion and red chillies.
Explore more Chinese New Year content:
Here’s how to be a FairPrice Super Shopper
Events for the whole family
FairPrice Chinese New Year catalogue