1kg Pasar Aust Chilled Shoulder Butt (cut into 2 inches)*
100g Chopped carrots
100g Chopped onions
100g Chopped celery
200g Chopped apples
300g Brown swiss mushrooms (cut into halves)
1 tin Tomato paste (170g)
2 tbsp Worcestershire
200ml Red wine
2 tbsp Plain flour
500ml Chicken stock
2 Bay leaves
3 tbsp Olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
*Available at your nearest FairPrice store.
- Sear and brown Pasar Aust Chilled Shoulder Butt in a Dutch oven pot** heat with olive oil. Season to taste with salted and pepper. Set seared pork shoulder aside.
- In the same pot sauté onions, carrots and celery. Add in swiss brown mushrooms and chopped apples, sauté for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add tomato paste, Worcestershire, plain flour, salt and pepper to taste.
- Deglaze the pot with 200ml red wine.
- Add the seared pork shoulder back to the pot and mix well.
- Add 500ml chicken stock and 2 bay leaves.
- Bring to boil and cover pot with lid, place the Dutch oven pot in a 160 °C oven and cook for 1.5 hours.
- Serve once pork shoulder become tender.
**You can use any casserole or oven safe pots
Explore more Christmas content:
Be our FairPrice Super Shopper!
Events for the whole family
FairPrice Christmas catalogue
FairPrice Finest Christmas catalogue