24 tbsp Plain flour
12 Higher-welfare chicken thighs or drumsticks
½ bunch (15g) Fresh rosemary*
½ bulb Garlic
500ml White wine or organic chicken stock
1.2kg Baby new potatoes
1 large handful Mixed olives (stone in)
1kg Seasonal greens*
400g Green beans
Extra virgin olive oil
*Available at your nearest FairPrice store.
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/375°F/gas 5.
- Place the flour in a bowl, season with sea salt and black pepper, then add the chicken and toss to coat.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large casserole pan on a medium heat, add half the chicken and fry until golden all over, then remove to a plate and fry the remaining chicken.
- Return all the chicken to the pan, strip in the rosemary, then break up the garlic bulb and add the unpeeled cloves.
- Fry for a few more minutes, then add the wine or stock and the potatoes.
- Destone and tear in the olives, bring to the boil, then cover with tin foil and cook in the oven for 1 hour, or until the meat is cooked through, removing the lid for the last 10 minutes to crisp up the chicken. If the sauce is a little thin, place the pan on a high heat with the lid off, bring to the boil then simmer for 5 minutes, or until thickened.
- Meanwhile, bring two large pans of salted water to the boil.
- Trim and shred the greens, trim the beans, then cook in pans of boiling salted water for 5 to 6 minutes, then drain.
- Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil, add a squeeze of lemon juice, then season to taste, toss together and serve alongside the stew.
Credit: Recipe © Jamie Oliver. Photography © Jamie Oliver Enterprises Limited, by Gus Filgate.