500g Shanghai Qing Bai*/Broccoli, cut into halves vertically
A few pieces of flower shaped carrot
10 Dried Chinese mushrooms, soaked overnight
½ bowl Black moss, soaked and drained*
3 sliced ginger
clovers garlic, removed skin
1 cup Water
2 tbsp oil
Knorr SavorRich stock for vegetables
1.5 tsp Knorr SavorRich Chicken Concentrated Seasoning 1 tsp sesame oil
2 cups Water
2 tsp Knorr SavorRich Chicken Concentrated Seasoning 1 tbsp light soya sauce
1.5 tsp Sugar
1 tbsp Chinese cooking wine
½ tsp sesame oil
1 tbsp of potato starch
2 tbsp Water
*Available at your nearest FairPrice store.
- Prepare Knorr SavorRich stock for vegetables in a pot, bring to boil. Blanch vegetables and carrot until they are cooked, drain the excessive water and set aside.
- Heat oil in a medium pot, fry ginger and garlic until garlic turned to golden brown. Add mushrooms and cook for 3 minutes or till fragrant.
- Add all the seasonings and 1 cup of water, cover the pot. Use low fire to let it simmer for 15 minutes. Taste and adjust the Seasonings to your preference.
- Pour and stir thickening mixture into the gravy at the same time to thicken it.
- Add black moss, let it sit in the sauce for a few minutes to absorb the gravy.
- Arrange the blanched vegetables at the side of the plate neatly, lay braised mushroom and black moss in the centre and randomly put some carrot in between the vegetables and mushrooms. Pour all gravy over it, serve hot.
Note: You may use dried oysters or dried scallop to replace black moss
Explore more Chinese New Year content:
Here’s how to be a FairPrice Super Shopper
Events for the whole family
FairPrice Chinese New Year catalogue