To prepare chicken stock
3½ litres Water
500g Chicken bones*
1 White onion (Cut to thick slices)
1 Bulb garlic (Sliced)
50g Ginger (sliced)
4 stalks Spring onions
To prepare meatball
500g Minced chicken
4 tbsp Soy Sauce
2 tbsp Sesame Oil
2 tbsp Corn Starch
¼ tbsp White pepper powder
3 stalks Spring onions (chopped)
1 tbsp Grated ginger
Hotpot toppings (customised to preference)
2 tbsp Dashi miso paste
12 pieces Prawn
500g Grouper fillet (Cut into slices)
250g Sliced pork belly
8 Shiitake mushrooms
200g Enoki mushroom
200g Maitake mushrooms
1 packet Silken tofu
200g Tang oh*
200g Baby xiao bai cai
*Available at your nearest FairPrice store
- Blanch chicken bones in boiling water for 5 minutes. Remove the bones and set aside.
- In a pot with water, add chicken bones, onion, garlic, ginger and spring onions. Bring to boil and simmer for at least 2 hours.
- Strain the stock and set aside.
- Lay out vegetables, mushrooms and tofu into the hot pot.
- Add 2 tablespoons of miso paste into the hot pot.
- Pour in chicken stock and bring to a simmer.
- In a bowl, mix minced chicken with egg, sliced spring onion, grated ginger, corn starch, soy sauce and white pepper powder. Mix well and marinate for 10 minutes.
- Spoon minced chicken into meatballs and add to hot pot.
- Bring to a boil and cover for 5 minutes.
- Serve with choice of seafood, slice meats and assorted vegetables.