Pasar Organic Sweet Corn
Delivery might be 3 days or later
Bulk order charge may apply
The desired products or quantity may not be available.
Would you like to proceed?
YES, proceed with my order
No, revise to available quantity
Sweet corn is a grain plant originated from southern Mexico. Its kernels are tender, delicious and eaten as a vegetable in many cuisines worldwide.
• Includes the antioxidants beta-carotene and lutein: Prevents eye diseases and improves eyesight
• Rich in fibre: Boost digestive health
• Vitamin E: Essential for promotion of growth and immune system
COUNTRY OF ORIGIN
Ways to enjoy:
• Sautéed with your favourite seasonings and cook for 5 minutes. Serve warm.
• Use it as part of the ingredients into making corn chowder
Refrigerating fresh sweet corn:
• Wrap the corn in a damp paper bag
• Place the corn in a resealable plastic bag: Squeeze out as much of the air inside as possible, then seal it up.
• Keep the bagged corn in the refrigerator for up to a week
Freezing the sweet corn:
• Shuck the corn: Strip away the loose leaves from the outside of the husk.
• Blanch the corn for 7-10 minutes: Allow it to boil between 5 to 10 minutes, depending on the size of the corn.
• Move the blanched corn to an ice bath: It should sit in the ice bath for roughly the same amount of time they were boiled, between 5-10 minutes.
• Dry off the corn with paper towels
• Seal the corn in an airtight plastic zipper bag
• Freeze the corn for up to 1 year: Thaw the corns to just above room temperature before using them to prepare your favourite dishes or add them straight to a pot of boiling water if you plan on serving them on the cob.